Choppy Waves


Sometimes you’re called out of the boat and called to walk on water even if the waves are choppy.

If I’m going to be honest, I haven’t been that bold.  Whether it’s been in relationships, beliefs, or in my own personal life… I haven’t been bold. I’ve become comfortable in keeping the peace (versus making the peace) and not challenging myself or allowing myself to be challenged. Yet, I knew I desperately needed it. I let fear and inadequacies paralyze me. Letting idleness creep in and complacency grow, I knew I was hurting myself and that my future was relying on my actions and reactions.

When Peter walked on water he wasn’t looking at himself but at Jesus and he had FOCUS that didn’t look to the right or to the left, or look to what was easier, his eyes were simply and intently on Jesus Christ.. He was focused, not just because Jesus was a cool dude, but because he knew who Jesus was!  When you know who Jesus is… you know his character and you have no reason not to trust him. In that moment, when you put your feelings aside, you put your reason (doubts) aside and you focus in on who He is and what he’s done, you trust him. You experience something bigger than yourself, more powerful than anything you’ve ever been apart and a fulfillment you’ve always yearned for. You act in courage and in confidence. You know your worth is secure because you are in Him. You know it’s not about you but all about him. Forgetting about you, you accept his charge and persist for this appetite.  Denying your earthly desires, you press into his desires and when realized that his plans are far bigger than yours… You finally know there is NOTHING you can do, NO plan you conceive and NO battle you can win without him and his ways. What happens when we quit letting this be a once in a while encounter, or an experience to experience, but an everyday, full on devotion and dedication to live this way with our King? What if you lived with this boldness in the little things every day?  If the little things add up and create BIG things, think of the boldness and devotion one can develop.

Comments

  1. Jocy, this is beautifully written and just what I neede to read!

    Love you!

    -Courtney

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts