Drop Everything and Go

I recently went on a last-minute spontaneous trip. I was fortunate to see one of my favorite bands in concert and spend much needed time with some really cool people, plus it was in the mountains! However, I was so hesitant to go, I reasoned why I shouldn't go. Finally, I decided to go and it all worked out perfectly. This trip may have been last minute but I needed it more then I knew.
As I was there at Red Rocks, I was reminded how God so wants us to drop everything and run to him. Drop every reason, every fear, every mess-up, and every little thing and just go to him. The way we are, how we are and right where we are. Something I have to remind my futuristic self is that, where I am is right where I need to be. I can get so caught up in my head that I only go off of what I think or know… but Gods thoughts are higher than mine and his ways are much higher than mine. I love that I am able to rest in that and just be. Romans 5:6 (The MSG) says, Christ arrives right on time to make this happen. He didn't, and doesn't, wait for us to get ready. He presented himself for this special death when we were far too weak and rebellious to do anything to get ourselves ready. We don't have to wait or "get ready" even if it feels like it should be a process.. IT'S NOT! His grace is not something you earn, in fact, it is unearned, undeserved, and unmerited. The cross teaches you how to live. It's time to "drop everything" and GO to that cross! Let every reason vanish and allow God's nature consume you and transform you.

"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah  55:9 NIV


"Christ arrives right on time to make this happen. He didn't, and doesn't, wait for us to get ready. He presented himself for this sacrificial death when we were far too weak and rebellious to do anything to get ourselves ready." Romans 5:6 MSG 

Comments

Popular Posts